Cold turkey is a rough sentence.
I am a political junkie. I live and breath Presidential politics to the point where people walk the other way when they see me coming. It is so bad, I’ve been told I can talk about nothing else but politics. Yes, I’ve antagonized people. Friends have been insulted. I’ve made a nuisance of myself. I humbly apologize.
- I am a political junkie to the point where it has taken over my life.
- There is a higher power in my life, greater than am I – the professional political pundit.
- I am going to be less abrasive, for the next 30 months or so, then all bets are off.
- My personal inventory has been found wanting. I have no life other than politics.
- Am I wrong? No, but I am annoying. I can choose not to be. I will behave for the next 30 months.
- I don’t think the love of politics is defective character. I think those who don’t like politics have the problem.
- I am trying to overcome my distaste for those who don’t understand politics.
- If I have harmed or insulted you in any way – well, you probably deserved it. I will try to be less annoying.
- I do humbly apologize to those who don’t understand the combative political nature. I pity you.
- I will monitor my behavior.
- As far as prayer, hell yes.
- My spiritual awakening on this subject is null and void.
Okay, there. I did it. The real problem is that I’m now going cold turkey. I began this process on Sunday evening. Thank goodness the Sundance Channel is running a M*A*S*H marathon. Don’t worry about the mid-terms. I’m not all that into them, especially here in New Mexico, where politics are a game of abject corruption based on importance within the state. The GOP is as abjectly corrupt in New Mexico as is are the Democrats. Why bother?
By the winter of 2019, all bets are off. The games will begin anew. You see, Presidential politics are like blood-sport. It is all about picking a winner from the beginning and seeing if you have picked the right person. This year, I didn’t. I’m still pulling for Newt.
As I’m writing this, I have no idea if I win or lose. It’s all over but the pontificating. I’m not interested in the postmortems. It’s the game, the action that I like. Contrary to everyone who is so sophisticated they must say how vile this season has been, I’m sorry. I don’t know when I’ve had more fun. It has been dirty and surprisingly honest. Politics should be dirty, no holes barred, and no restraints. You see who people are, and just what they are. If the media had been honest, it would have been so much more fun.
If I offended you, sorry about that. It was not my intention. If I had wanted to offend, I would have been nasty. As it is, I was just being myself. I don’t know which is worse.