Tomorrow is Memorial Day. One of the beautiful things about opera is the fact that American singers have a tendency …Read the Rest
- Our Non-Christian Founding Fathers
- Oh, That Lovely $15/Hr Minimum Wage?
- Cry-Baby Atheists & Their Hatred of Christianity
- Sunday Morning Opera: Oh, That Wonderful Smile!
- Begging for Help?
- My POTUS the Brat
- Caddyshack America Strikes Again
- Seth Rich Is Dead
- Misplaced Outrage
- Ignorant Idiots Right and Left
- Misplaced Outrage | Washington News Cloud: […] at 6:45 on June 20, 2017 by SJ Reidhead Yesterday, I wrote about the ignorant idiots of…
- Misplaced Outrage | The Pink Flamingo: […] I wrote about the ignorant idiots of the right and the left, when it comes to the humanities, Shakespeare,…
- Horace Covington: If the Catholic Church teaches that reason and faith work together, why have private apparitions nearly taken over the church?…
- Discussions with Liberals | The Pink Flamingo: […] respect poorly on my real world writing. I can’t allow that. My ranting and raving about Planned Parenthood is…
- Al robinson: Keep on keepin on! Write, write, write!!!!!!!
- SJ Reidhead: Nothing could be farther from factual accuracy. I don't like the word "truth" when dealing with many subjects.…
- Sam Vaknin: Taking a cold look at Earp's life, simply based on his activities and reputation as someone "fearless" (i.e. a killer,…
- Mila Milas: He's the best. I love him and I pray for him.
- Fausta: My favorite Met moment is the gasp from the audience when the wall scrolls down as 2d act from Aida…
- Fausta: Lifting him in prayer!
- PNM: The Final Battle | The Pink Flamingo: […] sell my condo. The situation with PNM was so bad, I could no longer afford to live in Ruidoso. …
- SJ Reidhead: Years ago, when my parents built their new house, my mother bought a cheap reprint of an 18th Century near…
- Fausta: That ballgown with Dmitri is always suspenseful
- SJ Reidhead: Thank you!
- Judith L: Try chewy.com for cat food. They won't change prices on you and you can schedule regular deliveries.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
SJ Reidhead (aka The Pink Flamingo) is a writer based in New Mexico. The author of two published novels, both westerns: Dust Devil and The Second Mrs. Earp and two published works of non-fictions: TRAVESTY: Frank Waters Earp Agenda Exposed and A Church for Helldorado, Endicott Peabody's 1882 Tombstone Diary. One of the leading authorities on the life of Wyatt Earp and Tombstone during the Earp years, she is writing a series of murder mysteries set in modern day Tombstone. The author is also working on a book about fashion in the Wild West. When complete, there will be over 2100 unpublished antique photographs dating from 1855-1910.
The author's work has appeared in Wild West, True West, Blogcritics, and The Tombstone Times. Recently the author has had to deal with a father who succumbed to Alzheimer's Disease. This is leading to a book dealing with the frustrations of dealing with the frustrations of the disease, finance, legal, health-care, and things no one bothers telling families about it. A portion of the book will contain entries from a blog she kept, detailing the struggle with her father's AD. She is also working on a murder mystery series set in modern day Tombstone and Cochise County. Several books of essays on Christian living are currently in edits. A book of essays and revisions of articles about Wyatt Earp has been completed and will include her latest work detailing her theory about the murder of his second wife, Mattie.
SJ Reidhead has been involved in Republican politics since she was 'a little kid'. During the Reagan years she was a lobbyist working with various non-profit organizations who were attempting to salvage NASA and the American space program after the disastrous Carter years. In spite of ups and downs, and numerous disappointments, politically, it is obvious the only political hope for this country is via the Republican Party. Along with politics she is an opera fanatic, has been known to stalk baritones to the point of being a baritone junkie, and loves baseball.
The Pink Flamingo went on line on October 4, 2005.
THE PINK FLAMINGO STORY
It started out as a joke. During the seven years I worked with the girls of my parish, leading a youth group, one of the things that I stressed were manners. Part of having manners, the way I see it, is to know how to set a proper table, host a party, cater it, and clean up afterward. I was fortunate enough to have a group of very talented girls in my youth group. They learned how to plan for, and execute large church functions, very properly. During one such function I noticed there were several incredibly tacky pink flamingos sitting on the table. Knowing the girls were up to something, I said nothing. A few months later they did the same thing at a function I was hosting at my home. I said nothing. They had a birthday party for me. More pink flamingos appeared - and a joke was born.
Thanks to the girls, all of whom are now grown, I have a collection of pink flamingos. It has become an ongoing joke. When I began working on my political blog, I realized the only possibly title was The Pink Flamingo!