What happens when you get a seriously disturbed “patriot” who is one of the most powerful Republicans in Missouri, a …Read the Rest
- The St. Francis Prayer of Peace
- What Happens In ABQ Doesn’t Stay in ABQ
- Bernie Is Not a Democrat
- Jimmy Carter’s Cancer
- Sunday Morning Opera: Marian Anderson
- The Delicious Ironies of Life
- Ode to the Transgender Restroom
- Unreasonable Political Expectations
- May Is Melanoma Month!
- Hillary’s Game Changer
- Alamo Canyon Ranch - Science AC: […] Source link […]
- SJ Reidhead: If we put a so-called 'Christian' spin on things then, Christ is very clear: Matthew 5:41 and if anyone…
- Cecil: The message is clear. Tow the gay agenda or be boycotted. It does not matter that thousands of…
- Cecil: After Jesus defined marriage for us, it is hard to believe that he would accept anal and oral sex as…
- Sandy: Beautiful, SJ. I was a true believer until about 3 years ago. Since I left church due to…
- Desertcatn: The religious right are just a front group, for more power brokers, it's not about religion; it's about power.
- Desertcatn: The John Birch Society are about the Constitution and keeping our country in line, with its founding principles. Why is…
- SJ Reidhead: I read what I link. To imply otherwise is terribly insulting.
- clairence: I totally agree with your bullet points. Well stated. However, please read the articles you link to.…
- There’s Something (Wrong) About Mitt | The Pink Flamingo: […] Why I Plan to Vote for Trump The GOP’s Steve King, Resident White Supremacist (?) The Green Family of…
- SJ Reidhead: Today he said it would be wrong to spoil Trump's nomination. So, I guess that says something.
- Cecil: I read that your friend, Lindsey Graham said that he may endorse Cruz to stop Trump.
- Why I Plan to Vote for Trump | The Pink Flamingo: […] very real problem for the campaign is not knowing who the real enemy is. They need someone who understands…
- SJ Reidhead: There are some questions about the carbon dating on the Shroud. I once thought it was authentic. I…
- Mike G.: Back in 1978 when I was stationed in Germany, some of us traveled down to Turin (Torino in Italian) to…
- "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” --Sinclair Lewis
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
SJ Reidhead (aka The Pink Flamingo) is a writer based in New Mexico. The author of two published novels, both westerns: Dust Devil and The Second Mrs. Earp and two published works of non-fictions: TRAVESTY: Frank Waters Earp Agenda Exposed and A Church for Helldorado, Endicott Peabody's 1882 Tombstone Diary. One of the leading authorities on the life of Wyatt Earp and Tombstone during the Earp years, she is currently writing a series of murder mysteries set in modern day Tombstone. The author is also working on a book about fashion in the Wild West. When complete, there will be over 2100 unpublished antique photographs dating from 1855-1910.
The author's work has appeared in Wild West, True West, Blogcritics, and The Tombstone Times. Recently the author has had to deal with a father in Stage 4 Alzheimer's Disease. This is leading to a book dealing with the frustrations of dealing with the frustrations of the disease, finance, legal, health-care, and things no one bothers telling families about it.
SJ Reidhead has been involved in Republican politics since she was 'a little kid'. During the Reagan years she was a lobbyist working with various non-profit organizations who were attempting to salvage NASA and the American space program after the disastrous Carter years. Unfortunately, because of the libertarian take-over of the GOP, and the rise of the Tea Parties, as the Republican Party becomes more and more extreme and marginalized, it is impossible to remain loyal to the GOP. The Pink Flamingo remains GOP in order to try to bring the party back to what it once was. I fear it is an impossible task.
The Pink Flamingo went on line on October 4, 2005, after the author realized "normal" Republicans were being marginalized as the extreme far right attempts to become the new normal. In November, 2012, The Pink Flamingo, for the first time ever, voted for a Democrat, Barack Obama. Normal will never again apply to the GOP.
THE PINK FLAMINGO STORY
It started out as a joke. During the seven years I worked with the girls of my parish, leading a youth group, one of the things that I stressed were manners. Part of having manners, the way I see it, is to know how to set a proper table, host a party, cater it, and clean up afterward. I was fortunate enough to have a group of very talented girls in my youth group. They learned how to plan for, and execute large church functions, very properly. During one such function I noticed there were several incredibly tacky pink flamingos sitting on the table. Knowing the girls were up to something, I said nothing. A few months later they did the same thing at a function I was hosting at my home. I said nothing. They had a birthday party for me. More pink flamingos appeared - and a joke was born.
Thanks to the girls, all of whom are now grown, I have a collection of pink flamingos. It has become an ongoing joke. When I began working on my political blog, I realized the only possibly title was The Pink Flamingo!